The Village of Center (established in 1901) has a population of 84 (census 2004) and is located in the center of Knox County.
Knox County was established in 1857 and was named L'eu Qui Court, the French and Indian name meaning "Running Water". This refers to the present Niobrara River. The county name was changed to Knox in honor of General Knox of the Civil War fame by a statute passed on February 21, 1873.
Visit Center's website.